Our client is a leading Irish energy business who is hiring a Senior Energy Engineer to work in their team in Dublin. The company is dedicated to providing and transmitting services for electricity consumers, and is committed towards promoting economic growth and facilitating more renewable energy through the development and maintenance of their power system.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business which is committed to delivering high quality services to their customers, which include generators, suppliers and consumers. They are hiring a Senior Energy Engineer who will ensure that the operation of their power system is carried out effectively ahead of its live operation. In this role, you would undertake responsibility related to the maintenance, connections, and network development of the power system in an efficient and secure manner.
• Working with colleagues, customers and stakeholders to plan the operation of the power system from a fortnight out up to real time.
• Scheduling outages of transmission equipment by performing power system studies such as load flow, voltage stability and short circuit studies to ensure compliance with Operational Security Standards
• Providing guidance on how planned or prosed activities will impact the day-to-day operations to enforce compliance with the infrastructure agreement, Operational Security Standards, external legislation and internal processes and procedures.
• Liaising with stakeholders including ESB Networks, generators, Regulatory Authorities, other areas within the company and customers and stakeholders.
• Producing discrete deliverables from time to time such as analysis reports, control centre guidance notes, briefing notes and training material.
• 4+ years’ relevant experience.
• Experience working in power system operations or similar.
• Degree in engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team while also being able to define and guide his/her own work under minimal supervision.
• Able to work collaboratively with customers and with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong work ethic, excellent organisation and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skill and able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Experience performing power system analysis and proficient in the use of power flow analysis tools.
• Understanding of the industry, environment and context.
• Experience delivering change in an organisation.
• Experience working with standard MS Office tools.
If you are interested in getting involved in high profile energy and power projects in the type of role described, apply to Jasper Wiley at Sigmar Recruitment or call Jasper at 01 4744623 for a confidential conversation.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.