Job: Investment Risk Oversight
Location: Dublin 1
Our client is looking for a strong Risk oversight manager to work a stand-alone role in their Dublin Office! This role will be the second line of defence.
- Proven risk expertise of risk within an asset management or financial services firm;
- Understanding of the key aspects of investment risk in fund management;
- The ability to work independently, within limited management supervision and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and senior management;
- Strong skills in Excel;
- Ideally, good knowledge of both Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset products.
- Support the head of the department with implementing risk and governance framework for the oversight of investment risk;
- Prepare investment risk reports for Boards and Audit & Risk Committees;
- Provide relevant management information including the escalation of material issues to senior management, including materials for oversight committees;
- Follow up and tracking of risk mitigation plans and actions;
- Undertake thematic risk reviews relating to investment risk management matters;
- Assist with any ad hoc projects including a request for proposals;
- Stakeholder management at all levels across the organisation including the investment and Global Risk Teams;
- To develop and maintain a strong external professional network to keep abreast of external developments and ensure they are introduced to the organisation as and when appropriate. This includes attending Industry Forums;
- To establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders, for example, the heads of the first line of defence teams and other second lines of defence heads.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.