Job: Motor Underwriter
Location: Dublin City Centre
Contract: Full-time - permanent
This growing Insurance company based in Dublin city centre is looking for a Motor Underwriter to join their team of experienced professionals.
Reporting to the Head of Underwriting, the Motor Underwriter will be responsible for managing the performance of commercial motor and ancillary insurance programmes covering motor fleets in allocated European countries, monitoring adherence to programme pricing, conditions and acceptance guidelines and ensuring the company's insurance products reach their target market as intended.
- Monitor the continued viability of the insurance programme structure in the allocated countries
- Review of policy conditions (annually) and mediation agreements for alignment with local market trends
- Working with the Head of Legal to ensure continued legal compliance
- Oversight and control of the correct application of the company’s tariff, tarification tools and underwriting acceptance criteria
- Handling any queries regarding pricing, interpretation of policy conditions and risk acceptance
- Reviewing experience based tarification of large local or international clients
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the insurance programmes in the allocated countries as compared to the budget as well as in the context of the company’s underwriting strategy.
- Third level education/Insurance qualification (APA, CIP, ACII)
- 3+ year's Insurance underwriting experience in motor and motor-related risk
- Knowledge of commercial motor insurance industry in Europe
- Travel will be required
- Knowledge of the French language is desirable.
If you are interested in this role or discussing any other roles that may be available, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01 961 9725.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.