Junior Network Engineer - North Dublin - Permanent
Our client a large outsourcing company is looking for a Network Engineer with 2 years experience to join a large team. The role will see you working in the installation & support of datacenters & networks. It is a good opportunity to progress your career & learn new technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Performs tasks relating to network monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
- Assist help cesk & operations staff as a Level 2/3 network engineer.
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Ensures that assets are responsibly maintained, inventoried and/or disposed of properly.
- Prepare reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals
What you need:
- 2 years experience in a simialr network engineer role
- Experience with Cisco / Palo Alto Firewalls / Switches & Security Applicances.
- Experience supporting desktops and systems in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of the following core network services and features: DHCP, DNS, SYSLOG, TACACS+, NTP, NetFlow, SNMP, STP, PVLAN, ether channel, vPC, IP SLA, NAT, VRF, Multiple Context ASA and SIP.
- Third level IT certificaiton
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.