Head of Internal Audit | 80k – 100k
My client, an Irish company based in Dublin City Centre are recruiting for a Head of Internal Audit. The primary purpose of this role is to implement best practice audit procedures in line with industry standards in order to protect the company’s interests and ensure all relevant statutory and fiduciary requirements are met.
- Prepare and implement a rolling multi-annual risk-based Group Internal Audit Plan, following consultation with the CEO and the Audit and Risk (A&R) Committee. Adjust the plan, as appropriate and when necessary, following discussion / approval from the CEO and A&R Committee.
- Ensure the Audit Plan is prepared based on thorough risk assessments and consideration of other available sources of assurance.
- Lead and develop a lean and fit for purpose Internal Audit team of motivated audit professionals, by managing their activities, providing feedback, and identifying & co-ordinating their ongoing training and development.
- Employ best in class and up-to-date available audit techniques such as, IT and data analytics.
- Assist management in designing and implementing internal control systems for new services, products, systems and processes; particularly during the development stage of these products and services, etc.
- Ensure that the management of all businesses, group companies, directorates and departments implement control recommendations identified to achieve best standard internal control processes.
- Qualified Accountant
- At least 10 years relevant audit experience and experience of managing and influencing others.
- Be highly motivated and a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have excellent IT skills including specialist auditing and analytical software; and
For more information please don’t hesitate to call Graham on 01 4744642 or email Graham on email@example.com
A full job spec for this position is available on application
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.