My client in the public sector is looking for a Procurement Executive to join their team. This is a 12 month contract and the salary is €55k - €60k. The company is based in Dublin 7.
Role and purpose
- To support the Procurement Manager in developing, implementing, monitoring and ensuring compliance of approved procurement policies and procedures.
Responsibility of the job:
- Comply with all health and safety procedures and ensure procedures are followed as outlined in the Safety Management System
- Assist in managing the procurement of goods and services and achieve procurement benefits
- Ensure all activities in department are undertaken with optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness with due regard to quality of service or products in question
- Ensure appropriate approval of projects and expenditure
- Ability to manage work, expectations, costs and people to deliver project within agreed time frame.
- Ability to progress high value contracts and tenders across a wide range of disciplines and commodities to a satisfactory conclusion within the framework of the Public Procurement Guidelines and legislation.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal customers, suppliers and outside agencies
Requirments of the job:
- Must have experience in the public sector
- Must have 3-5 years experience in Procurement
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IT systems including MS Excel and Word is essential
For more information please dont hesitate to contact me directly on 01 email@example.com to discuss further. Pamela Hughes - Sigmar Recruitment
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.