What does this job involve?
- The Automation Engineer will provide Automation support for the ramp-up of the packaging facility with a view to enabling commercial packaging capability.
- You will implement small to medium sized projects and improvements to packaging systems in a safe and compliant manner
- Provide operations support in commissioning, testing and running of the lines
- Work with the operations team to identify opportunities to improve packaging systems (usability, reliability, functionality)
- You will perform required maintenance tasks on systems including preventative maintenance, backup, periodic review and disaster recovery
- Develop procedures to support and maintain the packaging lines from an Automation perspective
- Coach operations team in the efficient use of packaging systems
- Day to day vendor management with focus on Automation Systems Integrators and OEM suppliers
What should you have?
- Capable of providing technical guidance from concept through design, development, system delivery, commissioning and validation
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience implementing and supporting automation systems, ideally for manufacturing organizations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries
- Must have demonstrated experience in the delivery and management of OEM Automation systems in addition to a working knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S95 industry standards
- Extensive experience with PLC, HMI, SCADA, Serialisation systems across multiple platforms
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong technical and organisational communication, coordination, and meeting facilitation skills
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.