The purpose of the Senior EHS Officer is to support the EHS Manager in working towards the company goal of holistic safety and wellbeing with adherence to all environmental, safety and health legislation (Safety Officer, EHS Engineer)
What will this job involve?
- The Senior EHS Office will be responsible for legislative and procedural review
- You will carry out environmental management including waste control
- Co-ordination of operational risk assessments and accident and incident investigation
- Auditing and inspections ofthe Pharmaceutical facility
- Increasing the safety awareness of all staff through promotion and training
- Conducting various EHS Training modules with staff (EG Manual Handling and Onboarding)
- Deployment of wellbeing programme
What should you have?
- A Degree (Hons) in an Environmental, and/or Health & Safety Discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience working within a busy manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical environment.
- Conversant with National and European HSE legislation
- Experience in auditing and inspections
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential. The ability to develop effective relationships with staff at all levels across the organisation.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Understanding on developing training material, coordinate, monitor gaps and deliver training sessions would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in management potent materials would be an advantage.
- Experience of handling controlled substances in a contained environment would be a distinct advantage.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.