Technical Support / CAD Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Support/Cad Engineer. You will offer technical support on all Electro-Mechanical and embedded computer-based smoke / fire damper control systems. AutoCAD design of standard and bespoke control panel electrical layouts and system schematics along with CAD support to my client’s damper installation service.
A customer focused individual with a technical mindset and knowledge of electro-mechanical design, embedded Windows environments and AutoCAD experience is required.
- Support internal and external technical services team with any technical queries
- Support external sales and applications engineers with any technical queries
- Use AutoCAD to provide electrical / mechanical layout drawings for production of all control system projects. (Electro-Mechanical and Embedded Computer Based)
- Use AutoCAD to provide mechanical damper installation details
- Provide production support when necessary.
- Assist with in house testing of new products
- Electro-Mechanical Design (Relay logic, transformer and component sizing)
- Electrical / IT qualification – trade / diploma / degree
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture and communications peripheral devices.
- Excellent computer & Windows knowledge – qualification / knowledge
- Excellent PC Skills - Microsoft Word Access Excel
- General BAS / BMS / Fire Alarm knowledge
- Knowledge of fieldbus protocols such as LonWorks, Modbus or BACnet is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Full clean driving licence
- Safe pass holder an advantage
If interested, please do not hesitate to call Ger Quinlan on 014744695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.