Job: Operational Risk Officer
Salary: €45K - €50K DOE
Location: Dublin 18
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, with significant financial services or payments exposure;
- Knowledge of operational risk management theory and practice;
- Experience of risk assessments a preference;
- Strong proficiency with relevant project tools (MS Project, Excel, Visio) – intermediate to advanced level;
- Project leadership experience;
- Track record of aiding the development and implementation of risk policy and tools in a financial services environment;
- Track record of managing second line oversight and testing programmes, or sub-elements;
- Risk reporting to Senior level Committees (Board etc.), preferably in an organisation with multiple business lines and geographies;
- Applicants should have a third level qualification (degree or similar) in a relevant subject. Masters and/or relevant professional qualifications will be an advantage;
- Ability to implement change including delivering OR programs and projects, or workstreams within, in a dynamic business environment;
- Adept in creating reporting and presentations which simplify diverse and complex themes into understandable communications;
- Ability to manage competing demands in a complex regulatory environment;
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation and to engage and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships and expectations and demonstrate sound communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Implementation and ongoing development of designated Operational Risk program activities from a SLoD perspective including aiding the Program Lead in terms of associated policy, framework and supporting procedures:
- Ensure policies are in line with local legislation and market specific requirements;
- Facilitate timely regulation or legislation is driven reviews as and when required;
- Challenge and oversee the First Line of Defense (FLoD) implementation of OR Policy and programme providing training & awareness sessions and on-going support as necessary; and
- Utilise ORM/management tools as required to track resolution plan completion.
- Participate in regulatory change management (RCM) projects impacting Operational Risk and/or manage change programs within the OR function in support of continuous improvement of Operational Risk Programme and tools:
- Actively support stakeholder management including assisting with the identification and engagement of relevant stakeholders;
- Manage projects/milestones assigned for delivery, completing within the timeframe and in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Escalate significant issues to the senior management team on a timely basis, overseeing implementation of associated action plans;
- Produce and present detailed, accurate and meaningful reporting for inclusion in materials provided to senior management and committees:
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance for individual reports.
- Act as an advocate for Operational Risk within the Bank including the ongoing identification of Operational, IT risk, 3rd party risk and strategic risk etc., mitigating controls and remediation plans, where required.
- Aid in the promotion of an appropriate culture of awareness of and attention to operational risk events throughout the Bank.
- Contribute to the execution of special projects or investigations which are performed upon specific request of the CRO / Head of Operational Risk.
Limited travel to the UK, Europe and USA may be required.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.