Senior Traffic Engineer/Transport Planner
I am seeking suitably qualified personnel for a wide range of challenging transportation projects based in Cork.
The successful candidate will have a Level 8 Engineering degree (or equivalent) and have obtained Chartered status or working to achieve this status. They will have proven design and project management experience having delivered urban street projects, through all project stages from planning through to delivery on site.
The Transportation team provides a mix of Transport Planning and Transport Engineering services to both public and private clients. Our transport planning services include masterplanning services for cities, towns, large scale campuses and new developments feasibility including traffic modelling, traffic impact assessments and mobility management planning. Our transport engineering services include the preliminary and detailed design for urban road and street projects, including public transport priority schemes, cycle schemes, public ream schemes as well as providing traffic engineering support to major highway schemes.
Our core clients include local authorities, the National Transport Authority and Transport Infrastructure Ireland and the team’s delivery vision is to enhance our urban areas in corporation with our client partners to provide for the sustainable growth in transport.
The successful candidate will need to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and have experience with Local Authority/ National Transport Authority design and project management requirements. In addition, experience in some of the following areas would be required:
- Transportation Assessments;
- Development planning;
- Urban Street Design (including a good understanding of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets, The Traffic Signs Manual, the National Cycle Manual etc..);
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS);
- Traffic Modelling Software (i.e. LINSIG, Junctions 9, VISSIM, etc..);
- Mobility Management Planning ;
- Masterplan Studies;
- Highway Geometric Design including the Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) Publications (formerly the DMRB);
- Stakeholder Management; and
- Project Presentation
We anticipate further growth in the delivery of similar urban projects in Ireland following the recent publication of the National Development Plan and the National Planning Framework and the successful candidate will be part of our traffic and transportation team delivering both existing and future street engineering projects as well working been involved in our development and masterplanning business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as project manager including liaising with clients and other design teams;
- Be responsible for the delivery of project solutions;
- Manage other staff members with the delivery of design drawings, supporting transportation analysis and the preparation of reports
- Manage sub-consultants and other in-house Arup discipline teams;
- Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets for individual projects;
My client offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.