Job Title: International Trade Finance Specialist
The successful candidate will report to the Credit & Collections Manager in this fast-paced goal-oriented Credit & Collections department within a global company. In this role, you will be the main point of contact for co-ordination of all aspects of documentary collections.
- Prime point of contact carrying out a wide range of Trade operations related duties to include the following:
- Review of Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, documentary collections ensuring compliance of rules and procedures with regards to country sanctions and money laundering.
- Co-ordination with relevant departments, commercial, customer services, treasury, banking partners to ensure compliance of opening of letter of Credit, accurate presentation of documents within relevant timelines to enable prompt payment from confirming bank and minimizing risk.
- Handling of complex queries, providing general advice and guidance.
- Building relationships with relevant prime banks, commercial, Treasury and finance teams enhancing Trade Finance awareness, and providing guidance and direction to all.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient resolution of LC matters.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a large multinational corporation
- On-going knowledge of current revisions of regulations governing trade products, including Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Letters of Credit (UCP), Uniform Rules for Collections (URC) and International Standby Practices (ISP98)
- Effectively collaborate and communicate professionally with others both internally and externally
- Knowledge of trade transactions, document examination and discrepancy resolution.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and risk assessment.
- Demonstrate understanding the methods and practice for processing standby letters of credit, documentary collections and other trade related products.
- Work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position or for more information you can contact me in the strictest confidence: Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309 - email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.