Job: Transfer Agency Investor Onboarding Team Leader
Salary: €65 - €75K DOE
Location: Dublin City Centre
- BA/BC degree in relevant field;
- Minimum of 6-8 years Funds Industry / Transfer Agency experience, 4 years of which should be in an AML/ Compliance or Risk function;
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Subject Matter Expert level of AML/KYC legal requirements aligned to current regulations from an Operational/Compliance or Risk background;
- Knowledge or prior experience of Multifonds TA is considered essential.
- Assisting and covering the manager in overseeing the day-to-day activities of the TA;
- AML / KYC Investor On-Boarding team;
- Review the application of group AML standards to new investor files for varying entity types prior to onboarding;
- Ability to exceptions to the standards that will require risk assessment and escalation to senior management;
- Review and escalation with the IOB Manager, Compliance, Senior Management any issues;
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced;
- Actively participate and work with relationship managers and TA Production Support in the launch of any new or incremental business such as new funds/share classes, including account opening;
- Oversee the accurate preparation of any sample files required for internal or external audits;
- Possess an in-depth understanding of AML/KYC due diligence requirements on a range of institutional clients types with different legal structures, in all jurisdictions, to support businesses across various product groups and regions;
- Fully conversant with offshore and onshore AML/KYC rules and regulations;
- Review publicly available sources for information pertaining to client due diligence (e.g. Stock Exchange);
- Assist in drafting and documenting procedures, policies and processes as necessary;
- In-depth understanding of typical legal structures including hedge funds, special purpose vehicles, partnerships, trusts and charities;
- Follow up and oversee the remediation of accounts that are non-compliant to in adherence with current local regulations;
- Establish, together with the IOB Manager, TA Department Head, Compliance and Risk, service standards and procedures for the IOB Team.
2. Client Relationship
- Must have strong client relationship and communication skills and be able to participate in client meetings scheduled and ad hoc;
- Establish solid contacts with all areas and all levels at clients’ organizations as well as interdepartmental;
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives (attend presentations, work sessions & personal effort) and educate clients continually through presentations.
3. Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the cross-training of staff on KYC standards to develop depth and breadth of knowledge;
- Undertake the performance review of team members and recommend promotions to the Registration / IOB Manager;
- Work with management to address the training needs of the group (including the industry-specific topics);
- Establish a successful level of synergy within the TA team;
- Co-ordinate both team and individual meetings which must include action points and follow up;
- Responsible for instituting and reporting on measures to determine the team's performance in meeting these standards.
4. Improvement of Efficiency
- Review and reorganize, together with the Registration / IOB Manager and peers, functional tasks for maximum efficiency;
- Minimize overtime and implement additional efficiencies as automation projects are completed;
- Manage controls efficiently to alleviate any potential risk areas;
- Must be willing to work as part of a team in a client-focused, high-quality service environment;
- Progressive attitude to work, with a view to continuous improvement;
- Proven aptitude for problem-solving.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.