Key tasks will include ensuring that all products are manufactured according to specification and that all production, technical and safety documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner. You will maintain an environment of continuous improvement, driving forward targets and performance levels.
You will also be responsible for motivating area leaders and ensuring they are aware of their duties as well as liaising with planning to ensure accurate labour planning and liaising with maintenance staff to identify and communicate machine problems as they arise.
You must fully understand the concept of machine throughput rates to ensure they are achieved, and you must identify and quantify problems caused by incoming materials as well as monitoring yield control activities, ensuring yield standards are met, ensuring that hygiene rules and personal hygiene standards are followed and that a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
This is a people leadership role and your responsibilities are centred on leading your team so that they are fully engaged. Your responsibilities include:
- Pro-actively managing to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy
- Maintaining standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- Appropriately managing the performance of all teams members through the use of performance managements systems
- Owning the training & development of all levels of team. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Managing the NPD process within your area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- Ensuring the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs.
- Planning, organising and measuring labour and material requirements within your area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Ensuring that the workforce in your area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and responsible for supervision and coaching of Section Leaders (or other direct reports) in the recruitment process for staff at all levels below.
- Encouraging the core values and a positive culture, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.
Who we are looking for
- A strong influencer and communicator who is confident to build relationships and engage at all levels across the business.
- An experienced Production Manager or Operations Manager ideally from a FMCG background that is use to leading large teams
- Must have at least 4 years experince within a similar position
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.