Our client is currently seeking to recruit M & E Estimator to join their team based in Galway.
This is a great opportunity for a water professional with a strong commercial focus to be responsible for the production of cost estimates for tenders for water and waste water treatment facilities and related pumping stations, pipework and telemetry.
This role will include management of relationships with designers and project managers and also client teams and suppliers.
You will have several years’ experience working with a main contractor or multi-discipline sub-contractor on water and wastewater projects, including commercial responsibility projects, and you will have sufficient site experience to provide you with a good basis to determine appropriate methods of work and assess production outputs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of technical requirements
- Assessment and/or preparation of tender stage design details required for process, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/ICA estimates.
- Preparation of detailed cost estimates
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Material take-offs
- Preparation of sub-contractor and supplier enquiries and contract documents
- Liaison with clients, sub-contractors and specialist suppliers
- Liaison with in-house engineering design teams and specialist sub-consultants
- Assessment of different options and solutions
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical /Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Strong background in the engineering of water and wastewater contracts including design and delivery of process, mechanical and electrical infrastructure and relevant contract forms, legislation and standards
- Estimating experience in the water and wastewater sector.
- Strong technical competency in water and wastewater processes and infrastructure.
- The ability to work independently and to manage inputs from a range of specialist suppliers and in-house staff
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Be results oriented
- Strong commercial acumen
- The ability to work in a high pace project orientated environment.
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally some experience of planning software and estimating software.
For more info you can contact Aileen on 091 455302 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.