Job: Economist/Research Analyst
Salary: €30k - 40k DOE
Location: Dublin 2
- Background knowledge of macroeconomics;
- The successful applicant is likely to have a formal qualification in economics, property and/or related subjects;
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a research or related role;
- Awareness of economic and property related data; where to find it, what it means, how it is relevant to the company and its clients;
- Ability to extract key messages from complex data and multiple sources;
- A proven track record of producing written reports or publications to tight deadlines would be an advantage;
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Other IT skills such as in GIS and data visualisation would be an advantage.
Management of Economic Database
- Closely follow the flow of new macro-economic and property market data;
- Act on own initiative to upload data from various sources (e.g. CSO website) to company systems as soon as they become available;
- Quickly and accurately process the data – deflate, tabulate, graph, visualise, etc.;
- File data correctly within the established folder structure and ensure that datasets are quickly updated so the company's market-facing teams always have the most current information to hand.
A key requirement of the role is to write high-quality client and market-facing reports on various sectors of the property market. The successful applicant should be able to drive these reports from scratch to the point where they are ready for sign-off.
- Energise the report writing process and take personal ownership of outputs;
- Network and forge cooperative alliances with the company's busy trading teams;
- Extract key messages from data and discussions with stakeholders;
- Deliver high quality written documents. Essential to this will be:
- An ability to discover the story;
- An ability to tell the story in a logical sequence;
- An ability to articulate the story using perfect English in a crisp, economical style.
- Manage production of the report:
- Quickly gain an understanding of the steps involved in bringing a report from start to finish;
- Manage inputs from multiple sources – contributors, co-authors, designers etc.;
- Take personal ownership of the reports to ensure that they are delivered on time, too tight deadlines.
The successful applicant may be required to take a lead role in face-to-face presentations to internal and external clients.
Provide Support for Trading Teams
A key function of the role is to quickly and efficiently respond to ad hoc queries from internal and external clients. This may involve:
- Contributing research commentary for various documents; marketing brochures, pitches, consultancy reports etc.'
- Creating tables from larger datasets'
- Providing graphs/charts;
- Explaining economic/market trends;
- Clarifying the meaning/interpretation of particular statistics etc.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.