The Duties of the Buyer/Planner:
• Forecast, plan and purchase raw and packaging materials to ensure availability in line with internal manufacturing and packaging schedules and budgets.
• Forecast, plan, schedule and order externally manufactured products in line with sales demand.
• Co-ordinate transportation of materials and externally manufactured products as required.
• Communicate with other stakeholders (Warehouse, Quality, Production etc.) regarding material availability, deliveries and schedules.
• Develop and issue procedures, which will implement overall purchasing policies and strategies.
• Involvement in supplier management plans for cost reduction, benchmarking and supplier rationalisation.
• Responsible for monitoring, measuring and reporting supplier performance, in terms of delivery and cost competitiveness.
• Must have a minimum of five years purchasing experience in a Pharma environment.
• Must have experience in management of Contract Manufacturing Organisations.
• Must have ERP experience.
• Must be able to travel as a requirement for this role.
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more information you can contact myself directly on 014744652, Pamela Hughes, Recruitment Consultant at Sigmar
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.