The Engineering Manager has responsibilities for all aspects of Utilities, Facilities, Projects, CAPEX, Automation and Site Security.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Plant, the Engineering Manager is a key management position and along with the Internal Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Technical Affairs and EHS Manager form the management group within the Plant Team.
- Managing the Engineering Group, to include recruitment & selection, training and development, and performance management of staff.
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling activities within the Engineering Group in order to meet defined company, plant and engineering objectives.
- Managing the engineering budget to include the assembly of yearly budgets, adhering to budgets, instigating cost improvement projects to reduce budget spend and management of the capital expenditure programme for the Plant.
- Management of all internal and external construction projects. Previous demonstrable experience of construction must be evident
- Leading CAPEX and major site projects
- Inputting into the site 5 year plan in terms of Engineering strategy and support
- Working with QA to develop the area of automation within the plant and compliance to data integrity
- Ensuring all engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP standards (HPRA and FDA amongst others) and current Environmental Health and Safety Standards and Legislation
- Initiating and promoting cross functional partnerships to ensure the Plant Team consisting of Internal Manufacturing, Technical Affairs Engineering and EHS are working together effectively to meet plant objectives. In particular working closely with Internal Manufacturing to ensure customer delivery targets are met.
- Managing all engineering systems including facilities calibrations, facilities preventative maintenance, change controls and KPI indicators
- Reporting on departmental performance.
- Managing all aspects of security within the company, including the contract security company which provides after hours cover.
- Managing engineering activities to provide a high level of service with minimum disruption to business operations.
- Leading the engineering team in process designs, development, continuous improvement and any engineering aspects of technology transfer projects from other sites or building projects.
- The successful candidate will have graduated with a minimum of Level 9 qualification in engineering and will possess the following Knowledge, Skills and Experiences.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, gained in a compliant, dynamic, solid dosage or/and steriles/biotech pharmaceutical environment, preferably with an FDA accredited plant.
- Experience in facilities/utilities management, automation and projects. A Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience in working within a high containment environment a distinct advantage
- Highly effective people management skills - Experience of managing engineers at all levels along with cross functional teams.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills- Must be well organised in approach to work and disciplined in the evaluation of priorities and reaction to same.
- Must be able to thrive in an environment where there can be simultaneously many number one priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.