My client within the Alternative Investments industry currently have a requirement for a senior financial accountant who has exposure to accounting for SPV’s . within this role you will be responsible for managing the financial reporting process for your clients from planning, financial statement preparation and review, audit management and oversight, financial statement comment review and processing, board approval and filing. You will be the main point of escalation for more complex queries and have overall responsibility for managing the relationships between clients, accounting team and auditors.
• Act as the point of contact for clients on all accounting matters (a detailed knowledge of IFRS9 particularly relevant);
• Manage the preparation of the audited annual and interim financial statements with the outsourced service provider in accordance with standard operating procedures, relevant working guides, in compliance with relevant accounting standards and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements.
• Provide technical expertise on IFRS and Irish GAAP to understand and resolve queries on a wide range of complicated SPV structures
• Ensure SPV’s meet all deadlines.
• Responsible for dealing with any queries from the regulator
• Attend SPV board meetings and brief directors on the financial statements, responding to any queries they have.
• Review documentation on new transactions to identify any accounting issues
• Attend client meetings and calls providing accounting advice where necessary.
• Review weekly MIS
• Ensure that quarterly statistical reporting to the Irish Central Bank
• Qualified Accountant 5 years post qualified exp – strong SPV and Investment product knowledge
• Strong IFRS experience
• Experience within financial services or the trust industry is an advantage;
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and data analysis;
If interested in this role send your cv to Laura in Sigmar Accountancy if you have the relevant experience above, email@example.com, 01 474 4677
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.