Job: Mortgage Litigation Executive
Salary: €38 - €41K DOE
Location: Dublin 4
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in any consumer debt litigation or collections role;
- Experience of working in an environment where several systems and databases are being accessed/used at the same time;
- Experience in managing cases with a Receiver would be an advantage;
- Experience in a debt recovery Solicitor firm would be an advantage;
- APA (Loans) or similar qualification is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong negotiator with the ability to reach appropriate solutions to challenging arrears cases;
- Target-driven and hard working;
- Self-starter and highly driven individual with the ability to follow through;
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal appropriately with challenging arrears situations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible, can-do attitude;
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Responsible for working closely with mortgage arrears customers in identifying and implementing appropriate solutions on arrears cases.
The role involves substantial contact with the mortgage arrears customer in discussing and negotiating with them the most appropriate solution.
- Contacting arrears customers directly during the pre-litigation and litigation process to make arrangements to resolve the mortgage arrears where possible and to provide updates of where the case is in the legal process;
- Meeting with customers to discuss their personal and financial circumstances and reviewing repayment options;
- Reviewing Standard Financial Statements from customers either over the phone, face to face or via post to understand their financial circumstances and assess repayment options;
- Maintaining and monitoring ongoing contact and follow-up of cases with Manager;
- Reviewing cases to determine the next course of action on a case in the legal process;
- Corresponding with external Solicitor firms on a daily basis;
- Instructing external Solicitor firms to draft affidavits in respect of the recovery of property/debt;
- Reviewing affidavits for accuracy prior to arranging for them to be sworn internally;
- Providing Court instructions to a panel of external Solicitor firms in respect of cases in the legal process;
- Adherence to all Central Bank regulation particularly the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and the Consumer Protection Code;
- Dealing efficiently with incoming calls and correspondence from customers and solicitors;
- Maintaining excellent relationships with third parties, including MABS and customers’ debt mediators;
- Actively participate in and contribute to monthly team review meetings;
- Achieving collections related targets;
- Ad hoc duties such as general administration on customer accounts, and administration duties on internal projects.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.