Job: Casualty Claims Adjuster
Salary: €33,700 base pay & bonus of €3,700
Location: Dublin City Centre
Skills: Previous Claims Exp. Liability Claims
- Basic specialist knowledge in (LoB) technical claims topics;
- Policy language skills enabling accurate and consistent policy wording interpretation;
- Basic knowledge of legal/regulatory and litigation / procedural requirements for their line of business;
- Experience in effectively following up on recommendations from technical claims audits and continuous claim handling improvement;
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal;
- Time management – ability to manage & prioritise workload and diary management;
- Ability to contribute effectively within a team environment;
- Ability to work with claims stakeholders to effectively direct claims strategy.
- Timely, accurate and customer focused claim resolution, minimising indemnity exposure and mitigating vendor and legal expense;
- Effective communication of key Complex claims and (LoB) portfolio messages to internal Stakeholders;
- Financial control through the consistent reserve and other financial transaction discipline;
- Accurate and consistent policy interpretation.
Purpose of the role
To handle a portfolio of Liability claims of lower complexity claims from coverage enquiry through legal liability assessment (where relevant) and quantum analysis, to timely and accurate resolution; ensuring mitigation of indemnity and expense exposure while communicating developments and outcomes as necessary to all key internal and external stakeholders. Provide a high standard of customer service and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing key claims handling enquiry; coverage determination, quantum analysis and legal liability assessment, where appropriate within authority limits and providing a high standard of customer service;
- Working with the Team Manager to ensure effective vendor and litigation management on Complex claims within a personal allocation;
- Internal stakeholder communication where required;
- Strive for continuous improvement on claim file handling with feedback and support through the Quality Assurance Review processes;
- Contribute to maintenance of best practice procedures for (LoB) Complex claims, consistent with global best practice;
- Demonstrate a basic standard of technical claims competence for handling moderate to lower complexity complex claims; o Handle complex claims allocated within the agreed level of authority limit.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.