Sigmar Recruitment have a new role available for a Senior Data Engineer (Scala) based in Dublin City Centre.
What you will need:
- 6+ years’ experience in a software engineering role with 3+ years’ ETL / ELT.
- Have experience leading the design and build of new data wrangling / cleaning / aggregating features / capabilities in data pipelines.
- Experience in continuous delivery and test driven development.
You will also need experience in:
- Building scalable systems in Scala, Java and related technologies.
- Developing REST based APIs.
- Developing in Spark.
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
- Relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- GNU/Linux-based development.
Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus:
- Big Data systems such as Hive, Oozie and Hadoop.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Machine Learning frameworks like Spark MLlib.
- Frameworks such as Dropwizard and Akka.
- Messaging systems like Kafka
If you have a strong interest in Big data and are passionate about building great products then get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35314744637
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.