• Bridges and Civil Structures design across a range of project types and scales, including Highway, Rail and Pedestrian bridges in Concrete, Steel and Steel Composite. Structural types varying from buried structures to multi span structures, bespoke pedestrian bridges, post-tensioned box girders and long span cable supported structures.
• Design delivery within a multi-disciplinary environment
• Managing small teams in the production of calculations, drawings, reports, risk registers and specifications
• Contributing to the development and application of best practice, including automation, scripting and development of in house tailored analysis tools.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer with excellent Design, Technical, and Software Skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-discipline design teams, taking responsibility for their own work and that of others.
You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your engineering skills.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or similar.
• Chartered Engineer or actively working towards Chartered status (expected experience 3-6 years in similar positions)
• Strong technical skills in bridge design and analysis, including proven experience in the use of market leading software packages for finite element analysis (GSA, Midas, Sofistik).
• Quality design experience in the fields of bridges and civil structures
• Strong communication skills
• Be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
• Be able to design and deliver bridge engineering solutions on complex projects
• An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
Open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. We offer flexible Friday scheme during the summer months.
They offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.