Sigmar Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced QA Technician to work with our globally renowned client in Cork. This is a 9 month contract role (maternity cover), offering an attractive salary and excellent working environment.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will take responsibility for performing laboratory tests and analysis on food and agri-feed samples. You will prepare Finished Product Certificates of Analysis (COA) per batch and provide technical information to customers.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting lab analysis to ensure compliance with safety, quality and environmental standards
- Reporting analysis and non-conformances, trends and all other data to the Quality Manager
- Assist investigations of non-conformances, identifying solutions
- Prepare and send samples to external laboratories
- Collate all internal and external test results into an accurate Certificate of Analysis (COA)
- Issue Certificates of Conformance for raw materials sent from Ireland to the UK
- Research and implementation of new lab equipment and improved testing methods
- Liaise with manufacturers regarding equipment services and calibrations
- Play an integral role in continually improving testing methods within the laboratory
- Ensure quality, safety, environmental standards and SOP’s are adhered to at all times
- Conduct investigative projects as required
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Third level qualification within Food Science, Agri-Science, Science or Technology
- Strong experience working within food quality
- Excellent chemistry knowledge
- Strong experience with the following:
- Particle size analysis
- Bulk density
- Automated titration
- Knowledge of an accredited Quality Management System i.e. ISO22000, FEMAS, GMP and BRC
- Exceptional analytical skills and high level of attention to detail
- Experience writing reports and identification of data trends
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced production laboratory
If you or anyone you know would be interested in applying for this role, contact Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.