Job: Risk Data Advisor
Salary: €40 - €50K
Location: Dublin City Centre
- Min 3 years’ experience in data governance or data-oriented role, preferably in the Financial Services Sector;
- SQL is a critical requirement;
- Project experience an advantage.
- Relevant Mathematical, Business or Information Management Degree;
- Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) or related degrees (desirable).
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Close attention to detail;
- Ability to plan efficiently in a fast-moving/agile environment;
- Understanding of ETL processes an advantage;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information;
- Self-starter with organisational skills and strong drive;
- Looks at issues/data from an end-to-end perspective;
- Business / IT architecture skills are an advantage;
- Business and Process Analysis knowledge preferable, particularly on data flow management;
- Capable of understanding both the detailed data requirements whilst being able to see the big picture;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office suite.
The right person for the job will:
- Act as the data advisor with respect to data used for reporting and analysis;
- Work with Project/IT/Data Teams to understand how data flows from source systems through to end-user reports;
- Be responsible for the documentation of data lineage, data mapping and the compilation of a data dictionary for new and existing RISK reporting –aligning to the Group programmes and with the support of local DQM;
- Liaise closely with the subject matter experts in Risk to understand Credit and Treasury reporting requirements from a data perspective;
- Be the key responsible person for follow-up of any data-related issues raised by the Risk business analysts in the course of testing and ensuring timely remediation of same;
- Co-ordinate the scheduling of testing, working with the project team and the business to plan timelines and resources;
- Will result in familiarisation over time with various bank-wide IT systems and databases used in Credit and Treasury reporting and other MI/analysis;
- Build strong and effective relationships with IT and Data Domains and other stakeholders to drive improvements in data quality and usage by Risk in reporting and analysis;
- Identify areas for improvement to assist the organisation in striving for best practice in data management and reporting.
Working within the Projects & Change Delivery Team, this position will play a key role in managing and delivering the strategic change agenda for the wider bank, particularly required data.
The role is as a data advisor, facilitating the implementation of the bank’s significant change agenda, with an emphasis on appropriate data management and governance as it impacts Treasury and Credit. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and comprehensiveness of Treasury and Credit data used at various levels and driving change where required.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.