A fantastic opportunity for a Graduate to start or broaden their career in accounting as a ‘Pension Fund Accountant’. We’re looking for someone who is great with numbers, has excellent communication skills and a hunger for success. The role of ‘Pension Fund Accountant’ is suitable for someone who wishes to acquire new skills and career opportunities. Full training will be provided as well as study support. The company are paying a highly competitive salary of up to €30,000.
- Compiling and analysing relevant financial data to be used as a basis for the preparation of Trial balance.
- Case management of pension fund account audits end to end through the audit and trustee signoff process for schemes under your portfolio.
- Management of successful research and resolution of fund accounts audit queries.
- Communicating with all clients, administrators, fund managers and auditors in preparing and arranging for audits and dealing with all queries.
- Report on the financial position of the scheme and the results of its operations to trustees and the Pensions Authority in accordance with generally accepted accounting practice, statute and client instructions.
- Adherence to internal controls within the Fund Accounts department.
- MIS and reporting on audit management
- Meeting agreed service standards and adherence to internal procedures so as to provide a consistent and proactive client service to the highest standards.
- Participate in training programmes.
- Cash management for a MiFID regulated conglomerate Bank account.
- Daily bank account reconciliation.
- Act as a contact on day to day queries relating to the client asset account.
- Assisting in the billing process.
- Third Level Degree
- Undertaking Accounting Qualifications or looking to commence same.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of accounting package(s) would be an advantage.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.