Role: Compliance Monitoring Analyst
Location: Dublin City Centre
Our client an Intercontinental Bank is currently seeking a strong Compliance Monitoring Analyst to join their team.
Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, who can work on their own and as part of the team;
- Experience in Compliance / Regulatory legislation advantageous;
- Experience in controls testing;
- Pragmatic, inquisitive, professional who is looking to further their career;
- Must operate with integrity and independence;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
Education and Experience:
- A professional and business/finance related 3rd level degree;
- Professional qualification (e.g. qualified accountant) advantageous;
- Big 4 background advantageous; and
- Experience in a similar role advantageous.
As a member of the Compliance and Regulatory Monitoring team you will be involved in the following activities:
- Planning individual assignments, this will involve gaining an understanding of the controls in place to implement relevant legislation in the area under review;
- Developing detailed test plans to assess the effectiveness of the relevant controls;
- Carrying out detailed tests to determine the robustness of the controls;
- Discussing with management the outcomes of the testing;
- Drafting and presenting reports on the results of the tests;
- Assisting with other Testings / Reviews / Investigations as required;
- Tracking progress and validating results of action plans to address findings raised; and
- Collaborating with the Compliance team to continually improve your own performance and the performance of the Compliance team in its entirety.
The objective of the company's Compliance function is to enable a customer-focused focused bank of choice for their customers and stakeholders. The Compliance function promotes banking integrity through coordinating and monitoring compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation and standards. It provides analysis, advice and assistance, including training, on compliance issues to all business units and support functions within the bank.
This monitoring role will require the successful candidate to gain an understanding of the Bank’s adherence to Compliance and Regulatory laws, regulations and codes through completion of the Compliance and Regulatory Monitoring Program, and to draft practical business focused reports to assist the business to implement mitigating actions.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.