Role: Data Analyst - German
Salary: €29k DOE
Location: Dublin City Centre
Our client, a company that owns exchanges for financial and commodity markets, and operates 12 regulated exchanges and marketplaces are seeking a Data Analyst who speaks fluent German.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in a similar field or a research type role;
- Strong interpersonal, reading & written communications;
- Business level English (Reading, Writing & Spoken) plus fluency in German;
- Knowledge of any other additional language would be a great advantage;
- Good PC skill would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching, capturing and inputting market data in a timely and accurate manner from Legal Documents to BondEye;
- Identifying data quality issues, recommending procedural and technical changes to improve productivity and data quality for the company's Data Services;
- The Data Analyst will be expected to stay current in Industry initiatives and organizations that impact the data covered;
- Assist in the company's Data Services Data Quality Program;
- Address client inquiries on EMEA Markets;
- Confirm existing information and/or provide additional information when internal and external customers inquire about data discrepancies;
- Research information on initial sources and may have verbal discussions with underwriters, financial advisors, agencies, trustees, etc;
- Work with Data Collection and Product to achieve common goals of improving data quality, accuracy and timeliness;
- Communicate, verbal and written, with Customer Services and Evaluated Services;
- Maintain daily and monthly statistics and metrics of client inquiries;
- This is a research position and not a technical IT role.
Competencies are the skills and behaviours that are critical both to your personal performance and to the company's continued success. The core competencies apply to every member of staff working for the company and there are functional competencies which apply to your specific working ‘family’, these have been included below.
- Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues;
- Is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help;
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others;
- Colleagues enjoy working with the employee;
- Shares knowledge and mentors staff;
- Works to develop others’ knowledge as well as own;
- Gives and shares credit as appropriate;
- Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring;
- Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office;
- Problem-solving & decision-making;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions;
- Doesn’t minimize or forget about problems;
- Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms;
- Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary;
- Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each;
- Confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences takes steps to mitigate risk;
- Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular.
- Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others;
- Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing;
- Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner;
- Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood;
- Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion;
- Builds consensus among differing views.
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for employee’s role;
- Models a ‘can-do’ attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same;
- Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities;
- Refrains from office gossip;
- Settles rather than creates conflict with and between others;
- Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities;
- Adheres to all corporate policies;
- Makes prudent use of company resources.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.