Role: Business Analyst
Location: Dublin City Centre
Our client, an Investor Services company are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their team.
- Specific Purpose Contract to cover a period of maternity leave:
- Between 6-10 months.
- Head of Business & Projects.
- Business, Projects and IT.
Job Knowledge / Technical Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience of running projects and coordinating resources to successful completion;
- At least two years experience in an operations environment within the fund's industry with experience in fund accounting desirable;
- Ability to communicate credibly at both management and operational level at a one to one and meetings;
- Focused on efficiency, quality and risk control;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fund's industry (including the alternative fund's industry) and fund administration;
- Awareness of current business issues.
- Self-motivated and innovative and astute problem solver. ‘Can-do’ attitude;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication ability;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with excellent time management;
- Flexible and calm in the face of changing demands;
- Takes responsibility for work and can work well under pressure;
- Extremely well organised with a keen eye for the detail.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review legal documents in relation to the launch of new funds or prospective clients to ensure that the IT platform can support them;
- Co-ordinate the launch of new funds with the departments in Dublin and Luxemburg;
- Submit “Client request forms” for development requests;
- These can be driven by either a client request or by an operational requirement;
- Create and maintain detailed uniform project plans for all projects;
- Organise project meetings to assign project tasks and monitor progress;
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects as required;
- Escalate problems which could threaten timely project completion.
- Liaise with their Paris / Luxembourg colleagues;
- Analyse all the client flows to ensure optimal use of the systems
- Work with the operational departments and the support teams in Paris / Luxembourg and the wider Group to automate processes, identify business development needs and implement solutions for these needs;
- Be up-to-date on Group development and implementation of new tools to ensure the company in Ireland contributes to the business analysis and migration processes;
- Identify systems enhancements, new functionalities and liaise with the relevant Luxembourg teams to ensure requirements are met prior to installation of new systems.
- Responsible for supporting operational staff in resolving ongoing issues in the use of IT systems;
- Support the operational teams during special events, e.g. take on / liquidation;
- Work with other support departments during special events;
- Parameterisation and set up of new funds structures in the relevant systems;
- Test and cocoordinateystem upgrades and act as an intermediary with vendors if required
- The organisation of a technical training programmes for the company's employees;
- Liaising with Luxembourg training teams to follow the development of the training program;
- Provide training to both new and existing employees on the efficient and correct use of the business applications;
- Issue procedures to operational employees on new systems and processes.
The company - a dynamic and progressive member of a larger Group - is one of the world’s leading asset servicing providers to institutional and corporate clients. The company has over 80 employees in Ireland and 3,400 worldwide, in cities such as Paris, Luxembourg, London, Hong Kong and New York. Their Bank, Ireland Branch (“the Branch”) acts as depositary and custodian to collective investment schemes and (“the Company”), provides fund administration and related services to Irish and non-Irish domiciled funds and companies
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.