Role: Fund Accountant
Location: Dublin City Centre
Our client, and Investor Services company, are seeking a strong Fund Accountant to join their team!
Job Knowledge / Technical Skills / Qualifications:
- The candidate should have a year’s experience within a similar role;
- Computer literacy is essential, skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of varying fund types desirable;
- A relevant Third level business qualification or equivalent professional qualification.
- To enjoy working with numbers and analysing data;
- To be organised and methodical in their approach to work with an eye for detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player who will participate and contribute in team meetings;
- To be a self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible and motivated to learn and develop as the department evolves;
- To be able to work under their own initiative.
The Fund Accountant shall work as part of a fund accounting team and shall be responsible for completing daily tasks as assigned by the team leader to the highest standards.
The level of client service CIL offers drives the success of the company, and the fund accountant is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in dealing with clients and fellow staff members alike.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for data collection and trade input;
- Responsible for reconciliation of cash and assets with the funds’ brokers;
- Responsible for processing Capital Stock Activity;
- Interact effectively with all internal and external third parties: E.g. CIL’s Trade processing/matching/settlement dept., Transfer Agent, Pricing Dept., Trustees;
- Ensure compliance of funds with the fund documentation (including Prospectus, Admin. agreement and Operating Memorandum);
- Responsible for fee and expense processing;
- Responsible for pricing securities in the portfolio in accordance with agreed pricing conventions;
- Responsible for compiling a NAV pack for Team Leader review when all tasks have been completed;
- Responsible for maintaining the portfolio for the fund on Bloomberg to monitor prices and corporate actions, if applicable;
- Responsible for the follow-up and resolution of any issues associated with these tasks;
- Involved with the preparation of auditor information requests (including timely response to queries);
- Calculate fees to be charged to the funds and prepare invoices;
- Collect/pay all fund related fees in a timely manner;
- Work on various projects assigned;
- Work with the Team Leader in meeting deadlines in a timely manner;
- Participate in the team meeting and be responsible for advising the Team Leader of any issues that are affecting their work such as report delays, system problems etc;
- To be proactive in sharing information with other team members and assisting others when necessary;
- The Fund Accountant is a representative of CIL and, as such, is responsible for communicating with all internal and external resources in a professional and respectful manner.
The company is a dynamic and progressive member of a large Group - the group is one of the world’s leading asset servicing providers to institutional and corporate clients. The company has over 80 employees in Ireland and 3,400 worldwide, in cities such as Paris, Luxembourg, London, Hong Kong and Toronto. Their Bank, Ireland Branch (“the Branch”) acts as depositary and custodian to collective investment schemes and (“the Company”), provides fund administration and related services to Irish and non-Irish domiciled funds and companies.
- Team Leader - Fund Accounting
- Various internal departments.
- Fund Managers / Investment Advisor, Brokers / Custodian / Trustee, Banks, External Pricing providers.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.