My client, a global medical device company, is looking for a manufacturing engineer for their largest manufacturing facility in the world which is based in Galway. The Galway site supports the Cardiovascular group and manufactures key product lines that include drug-eluting stents, biliary stents, and catheters. They manufacture more than 3 million life-saving devices a year which are shipped across the globe.
The role is to provide daily support of products, processes, materials, and equipment in order to achieve production goals (i.e., quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and safety),
- Analyse process, product, material or equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Summarise, analyse and draw conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Troubleshoot new products / process working closely with product development.
- Continually seek to drive / improvements in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Actively promote and participate in a cross -functional teamwork environment.
- Evaluate in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Give technical guidance to Associate Engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems
- HETAC Level 8 in a Technical Discipline (Science, Biomedical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience ideally in Medical Device industry or other highly regulated environment
- Project Management experience highly desirable
- Demonstrate good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements.
- Good team player and able to interact across sites and disciplines
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and would like to be part of a leading, global corporation then please contact me about this Manufacturing Engineer job on 091 455 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be handled in strict confidence.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.