Looking for an Industrial Engineer with strong Lean Manufacturing experience for a global Medical Device company based in Galway.
The Industrial Engineer will support the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant.
- Provision of technical support and where necessary project management support to Manufacturing teams in their endeavors to initiate and sustain Kaizen/ continuous improvement.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing Lean "tool kit", also refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instill culture of identification and elimination of waste through out the plant within manufacturing areas and also in support/ transactional area.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of projects teams and plans to address, providing support & direction and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Generate and maintain data for managing our business e.g. method studies, time & motion studies, Work content graphs.
- Maintain database of Lean projects with associated targets and metrics to be used in prioritization of key projects based on impact on VOP.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Standardisation of work methods, ensuring that these standards are documented through graphical operator instruction where appropriate.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review/ approval. Arising from analysis and consensus agreement work with Facilities Dept and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Support the Strategic Space Plan by keeping layouts current.
- Demonstrating a good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and Operational performance.
- Maintaining a verified up to date database of standard times, populated IE tools and core metrics for area of responsibility.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Hons Degree(HETAC 8) in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of technical experience.
- Medical device and/ or pharmaceutical industry experience desirable
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
If you are interested in this Industrial Engineer role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.