Sigmar Recruitment have a great role available for a Cassandra DBA with a global fintech leader based in South Dublin.
- Manage multiple Cassandra /Datastax Enterprise clusters in test and Production environments in data centers across US and EU. This will entail building new and upgrading existing clusters.
- Troubleshooting technical issues as escalated from application and Development support teams.
- Identify and resolve database performance and capacity issues.
- Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, high-availability strategies in a 24x7 Production environment.
- Backup and recovery, connectivity and security, database creation and role assignment.
- Provide incident and problem diagnosis and advanced troubleshooting when required.
Skills, Experience required
· Proven experience of full administration of enterprise Cassandra clusters (DataStax Enterprise) and administrative expertise in a multi data centre architecture.
· Experience in monitoring, performance tuning, and managing multiple Cassandra clusters.
· A good knowledge of Linux (Redhat Linux) is important to have.
· Exposure to one of the following languages: Perl, Python, Java, or bash.
· Experience with load balancing concepts, and clustering technologies.
· Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
· Experience with PostgreSQL/Greenplum is preferable.
To apply for this role or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35314744637
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.