Duties of the Operations Manager:
- Managing the delivery of the Central Distribution Centre (CDC) targets and proactively assisting with the development and implementation of programs which will see the ongoing improvement of all CDC standards.
- Management of the CDC KPIs and where appropriate implement timely corrective and improvement actions to achieve the CDC targets.
- Ensuring that our CI approach to ways of working continues to embed in the CDC and that employee involvement and participation is actively encouraged and recognized.
- Active participation in relevant cross-functional and logistics network projects.
- Meeting objectives as set out in budget targets
- Ensure cost tracking is in place, including payroll, overtime control, labour costs and overhead costs for the site
- Productivity tracking on a daily basis across all warehouse functions and associated coaching and performance improvement plans to deliver these targets.
- Agreed shift staffing levels and control of ratio’s including forklift ratio’s, loading ratio’s, pick first time in full etc.
Requirements of the Operations Manager:
- At least 5 years senior operational management experience working in a unionised environment within the area of FMCG logistics/warehousing or manufacturing/production.
- Excellent people management and engagement skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics preferred
Excellent IT skills including MS Office, MS Excel in particular similar warehouse management systems.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.