Sigmar is partnering with one of the world’s largest and most successful Investment Banks. With more than 1000 engineers based in Ireland, it’s now regarded as one of their key global tech centres.
We are looking for an experienced System Engineer to join a team that are supporting real-time financial trading systems in a production environment.
The position itself requires a good understanding in application solutions, infrastructure support and development release pipelines; with familiarity of cloud computing a bonus. You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are supporting and eager to enhance its reliability through developing platform improvements. You should enjoy working on eclectic technologies in a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization. You should have an appetite and appreciation for new technologies and their disruptive influence.
This is a 12-month daily rate contract based in Galway that can offer €350 per day (€80,000 per year) for strong developers.
What you need
- Customer incident management including ownership, communication and eventual resolution
- Experience with shell scripts and/or PERL/Python scripting
- Linux Administration
- SQL and/or Oracle Database experience
- Network topology understanding
- Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
- Dashboard value creation (via splunk/tableau tools etc)
- Knowledge of application release cycles
- Awareness of both current and emerging technologies
- Strong desire to innovate and develop future technologies
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA
- Experience of supporting cloud based applications a bonus
This is an urgent role so apply today. If you need any additional information, contact Chris Stewart on 01474 4601.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.