Role: Senior Operational Analyst
Location: Dublin 4
You will provide analytical support and subject matter expertise to all operational teams in the Market Operations Directorate. You are also responsible for investigating and resolving general and formal queries from market participants in line with agreed timelines.
- Ensures compliance standards are met across the team (Market Codes & Agreed Procedures);
- Plays a lead role in assessing the materiality of data queries, prioritising solutions and making recommendations';
- Owns and leads projects or parts of larger initiatives and works with others to ensure projects meet deadlines and overall objectives;
- Plans and coordinates tasks and projects, assigning work to Operational Analysts;
- Analyses and presents external and internal data/analysis to identify important trends so that it can be easily understood and utilised by the organisation and market participants;
- Reviews and revises the content/format of management reports and the maintenance and development of the teams reporting systems including KPIs;
- Represents the team lead at functional system meetings;
- Coordinates and manages User Acceptance Testing for new system releases;
- Uses own initiative and knowledge to undertake complex analysis to troubleshoot operational issues and ensure that the right business solution is agreed and implemented;
- Supports the training and development of the Operational Analysts;
- Designs and develops tools to extract the necessary data to investigate queries;
- Liaises with third party vendors and internal teams, to coordinate change requests and manage system issues;
- Coordinates communications with market participants and manages queries in line with agreed timelines;
- In cases where the materiality is of a significant scale makes recommendations to management, and implements agreed to course of action;
- Identifies common errors, educates staff, updates business processes, work instructions and training documentation where appropriate;
- Develops business processes to support day to day settlement;
- Reviews the data analysis work of the Operational Analysts.
Critical knowledge, skills and experience:
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant technical experience;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Experience gained in acting as an area representative at a senior level, or potential to act in this capacity;
- Effective communicator and excellent report writing capability;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with a flexible approach;
- Strong working knowledge of Settlement aspects of the relevant codes/rulebooks, processes, procedures and systems is desirable;
- Experience of SQL, VB and database structures;
- Strong attention to detail and quality orientation;
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving capability;
- Experience working within a regulated business is desirable.
The Market Operations Directorate is responsible for operating the Single Electricity Market (SEM) and the introduction of the new European Integrated SEM across the island of Ireland (I-SEM). The directorate will develop and execute the new market integration strategy aligned with priorities at a European level. They undertake all market and generation-related analysis and planning, and they act as a market financial settlement centre of excellence on behalf of the Group.
The Settlement Team manages all settlement activity, including credit management and clearing of the wholesale electricity markets. The team is also responsible for the formal query and dispute management processes in line with the relevant market codes. The team manages the delivery of the Transmission System Operator settlement schemes as well as Interconnector related settlement.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.