Role: Market Controller
Salary: €33,000 per annum
Our client, a leading energy provider are currently seeking a Market Controller with previous experience working in the Financial Services industry.
The role of Market Controller is to effectively execute the activities they have been assigned in each business area within the required timelines escalating issues in a timely fashion as required. The team lead in each business area is responsible for supporting the manager in delivering on operational activities.
Manager, Market Operations Directorate
- Operates business processes within their designated area, in consultation with the senior controller;
- Works within defined guidelines and supervision resolve simple issues and escalate complex issues in line with processes;
- Ensures compliance with procedures and relevant codes raises deviations to senior team members;
- Provides first level support to resolve queries from internal or external customers;
- Actively builds knowledge and experience of business processes within their team;
- Support ongoing process improvement and training activity.
Critical knowledge, skills and experience:
- One year experience in a related role;
- Good numerical and analytical abilities;
- Strong attention to detail and quality orientation;
- Ability to communicate effectively in a business environment and a demonstrable track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with a flexible approach;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and file management systems e.g. SharePoint;
- Third level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
The company operates in a Single Electricity Market which is the wholesale electricity market on the Island of Ireland and they own and operate the East West Interconnector, a high voltage link between Ireland and Great Britain. They see themselves at the forefront of innovations in the industry, transitioning towards a low-carbon, technology-enabled smart future.
The Market Operations Directorate is responsible for operating the Single Electricity Market (SEM) and the introduction of the new European Integrated SEM across the island of Ireland (I-SEM). The directorate will develop and execute the new market integration strategy aligned with priorities at a European level. They undertake all market generation-related analysis and planning and they act as a market financial settlement centre of excellence on behalf of the Group.
Operational activities are carried out within two key business areas - Front Office and Settlement.
Each of the business areas has specific obligations that need to be completed within pre-determined timelines which involve team members working on shift rota arrangements – see below. The deadlines can be daily, weekly, monthly and as a result, the Market Controllers need to work together to ensure the appropriate support and backup is available within this fast-paced environment.
Full training will be provided and Market Controllers will have the opportunity to work across these business areas. Travel between the Dublin and Belfast offices may be required.
Front Office Team:
- is responsible for managing the accurate registration of all participants seeking to enter the wholesale electricity markets, including the administration of all related contracts. The team has a key role in responding to customer queries and issues, ensuring superior customer service is delivered in a timely manner. Controllers will log, track and resolve customer queries that are assigned to different areas across the organisation. Stakeholder management activities will include updating and maintaining the market website as well as organising and supporting customer workshops and conference calls;
- Following the launch of the new I-SEM Market, the Front Office will be responsible for the efficient wind down of the existing SEM market ensuring that all necessary obligations are met. All such activities will be carried out within strict timelines and in accordance with well-established procedures. Market Controllers involved in the winding down of the existing SEM market will be required to work on weekends and public holidays on a scheduled rota basis.
- manages all settlement activity, including credit management and clearing of the wholesale electricity markets. The team is also responsible for the formal query and dispute management processes in line with the relevant market codes. The team manages the delivery of the Transmission System Operator settlement schemes as well as Interconnector related settlement. Market Controllers in the Settlement team will be required to cover rota arrangements which begin at 7 am and run through to 5.30pm on a scheduled rota basis.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.