Social Care Quality Assurance Specialist
- Develop, implement, analyze and monitor quality of care using a Judgement Framework in accordance with the Regulation of Health and Social Care Services and National Standards for Children’s Residential Centers, in particular the delivery of care, risk management and data privacy
- Promote clear and practical understanding of all frameworks and standards associated with Children’s Residential Care
- Support stakeholders helping them understand their responsibilities and proactively proposing solutions to compliance challenges
- Risk reports on current and potential Standards and Regulatory duties and obligations
- Advise on effective ways to manage compliance risk with an emphasis on strategic planning
- The QA Specialist will support the development of Audits, Business Development and Risk Analysis processes and ensure they comply with all Regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all documentation complies with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Prepare policies, Standards, and guidance relating to or connected with Standards and regulatory compliance
- To lead oversight of Operational Risk across the company, establishing Regulatory compliant standards and policies as required.
- This includes processes and care systems and once identified, to manage and monitor in accordance with best practice and conducting risk reviews
- The QA Specialist will advise Senior Risk Committee on optimal design of processes and controls, ensuring that adequate systems and controls are deployed across the company to identify, mitigate, control & monitor operational risk
- Represent on operational risk with external agencies demonstrating expert knowledge and compliance on all relevant Standards.
- Support, challenge and coach center managers (Person in Charge) and the Person Participating in Management (PPIM) to enable them to manage the center(s) safely and effectively
- Ensure the PIC and PPIM has the necessary processes and systems in place to ensure that they maintain their competency to carry on the business of the designated center
- Ensure actual and potential operational risk events and near misses are captured and reported to Chief Operating Officer using a risk intelligent ratings framework
- Accountable for reporting any governance deficits that exist at an operational level across (i) quality assurance processes (ii) management structures (iii) center level accountability arrangements (iv) adequate resources (Human, capital, financial)
- Expert knowledge of the responsibilities placed on them of the Health Act 2007 and associated legislation under which the Private Residential Care sector is regulated in Ireland
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the ‘Authority Monitoring Approach’ applied by HIQA to carry out its functions under the Health Act 2007
- Proven experience in a role engaged in a care orientated regulatory environment that involved translating rules and principles into practical outcomes compliant with relevant standards. Ideally with a focus on children in out of home care.
- Solid risk management experience
- Proven competence in the delivery of care to children and young people with challenging behaviors
- Interpersonal skills suitable to build effective relationships and to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in designing and implementing controls, an ability to think in terms of process and systems
- Demonstrates sound and commercial judgement and ability to design practical and proportionate solutions
- Strong analytical skills, proficient in analyzing the underlying issues in complex problems
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.