Role: Fund Accounting Supervisor
Location: Dublin City Centre
As the Fund Accounting Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful and accurate completion of the accounting and administrative servicing requirements for various alternative and/or mutual fund products and structures for assigned funds. As the Fund Accounting Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising, coaching and assisting the staff in successfully completing the daily, weekly and monthly deliverables in the Fund Accounting Department. You will be responsible for ensuring premier client service standards are achieved within specified deadlines and according to best practice operations.
- Serve as main daily client operational contact for a range of clients;
- Ensure all established daily fund accounting processing procedures and controls are completed accurately and in a timely manner;
- Supervise staff accountants on systems, processing, procedures and job responsibilities;
- Train, coach and mentor new employees, develop and motivate staff within their sub-unit.
- Provide input and feedback to Managers regarding employees’ ongoing performance/development/performance appraisals;
- Work with Manager to ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures;
- Prepare monthly revenue for assigned funds;
- Prepare and monitor expense budget analysis;
- Review and approve daily work performed by fund accountants;
- Review, approve and assist with preparation of month-end valuation;
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of offshore and domestic fund accounting requirements for alternative and/or mutual funds;
- Problem and error and query resolution on a timely basis (with documentation);
- Meet client month-end valuation and reporting deliverables;
- Evaluate, write and discuss employees’ performance appraisals;
- Ability to cover all funds within the team when required;
- Enforce adherence to service standards and specified deadlines;
- Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of the operational service model;
- Maintain a good working relationship with external clients as well as with internal relationship managers and other business units within the company;
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental procedures;
- Carry out all duties assigned to your role under the Company’s Safety Statement, to ensure Health, Safety and Wellbeing for all employees for whom you have responsibility;
- 3 to 5 years of fund accounting background with experience in Alternatives / Mutual Funds;
- Experience in supervisory skills and/or coaching / mentoring
- Third Level Degree in Finance or related field.
- Knowledge of Investment (Financial) Services industry in Europe;
- Project management experience;
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering requirements;
- Proven Supervisory experience;
- Knowledge and expertise of the Sungard InvestOne/ Investier system a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise of the Advent Geneva system a plus.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.