Sigmar Recruitment have a unique opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to work with our globally renowned client in Cork. This role is initially a 6 month contract, offering a competitive salary and immediate start.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide additional support while a number of business-critical projects are underway from Q1 to Q3 of 2019. The ideal candidate will come from a Consumer Electronics background and have extensive logistics and vendor management experience.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, monitor and develop KPI’s ensuring each carrier operates to agreed SLA’s
- Manage continuous improvement programs
- Facilitate accurate and concise monthly reporting by carrier
- Formal operational monthly carrier reviews
- Conduct regular management calls
- Vendor management
- Management of billing accuracies
- Budget control
- Cost reduction
- Act as first point of escalation for all carrier related issues
- Degree educated
- Vendor management experience is essential
- Sound working knowledge of SAP, Excel, MAC OS, MS Office
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong decision making ability
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Unparalleled interpersonal and communication skills
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV direct to email@example.com, TODAY!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.