My Client in Cork are looking for a Production Support Engineer to help provide support for all production applications and systems. You will have strong applications experience and a technical aptitude with a keen interest in learning and improving new systems. You will work with engineering teams closely and actively document and improve the support structure for newly developed systems; including writing documentation and developing tools to help analyze issues as they occur.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take a Production Support role for all operational applications, systems and software environments across vendors and internal hosted infrastructure
- Ability to handle issue queues and prioritise critical issues and keep those effected informed with regular updates
- Document standards, processes and procedures relating to best practices, issues and resolutions
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures in the service environment
- Utilise Jira, Slack, and other operational and collaboration tools to work with internal resources to provide timely incident/request response and support
- Participate in the product development process by contributing operational requirements, and provide input of the impact of system features on the operational work flow
- Participate in Production Support functions, such as 24×7 on-call coverage as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working with Java based web servers and applications
- Experience working with Linux environments
- Interest in Network Systems would be desirable, but experience is not essential for the role.
- Background working with relational database systems such as SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Hands-on proficiency in scripting languages such as SQL, Shell scripting
If you are interested in this position, call Noel directly on 021-4847134 or email your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.