Manage the end-to-end manufacturing process from the acquisition of raw materials through all manufacturing and quality control activities, specialty surface coating, clean-room pack and product sterilization. Includes associated Planning, Procurement, Materials Management & Shipping as well as Technical Support activities.
- The Production Director will ensure Quality System and Regulatory compliance (FDA, BSI, GMED…) for all products produced both internally and via external vendors.
- Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety standards, working in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Partner with the Project Engineering function to deliver the Upper Extremity New-Product pipeline in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Support the development of the technological base of the organization, including automated 5-axis mill-turn machine tool platforms, 4-axis CNC lathes, automated bone screw manufacture and next-generation inspections systems.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing capacity plans to support c. 20%+ annual growth of the Upper Extremity business, including manufacturing facility expansions where necessary.
- Production Director will oversee the implementation of the site’s current Operational Excellence program with a particular focus on (1) generating the necessary year-on-year product cost reductions, and (2) reducing manufacturing lead times.
- Participate in the Integrated Business Planning (S&OP) process to ensure the timely delivery to the marketplace of the right product in the right quantity at ever reducing costs.
- Participate in and drive the strategic development of the manufacturing organization to ensure that people resources, adequate infrastructure and equipment are in place to support and meet manufacturing plans and the evolving needs of a fast paced organization, liaising with global stakeholders as necessary.
- Develop and coach the Production team, set individual and team goals, and provide continuous feedback aligned to the business needs and values
- Conduct timely annual performance reviews and evaluations of team/staff.
- Proactively partner with the Finance, HR, IT, Quality, Legal & Regulatory functions as necessary regarding budgets and cost accounting, recruitment and people issues as they arise, as well as quality system and regulatory compliance.
- Work collaboratively with recognized trade union representing some employees working within Production.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or equivalent.
- MBA desirable or equivalent in terms of cross functional business experience.
- A Medical Device manufacturing background preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in Manufacturing and Operations, including at least 5 years of people management.
- Expertise in developing and managing a variety of manufacturing technology platforms.
- In-depth understanding of lean production, continuous improvement, with experience in managing cost reduction programs.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.