Sigmar Recruitment have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Director of Production to work with our ambitious and aggressively expanding med device client in Cork. This is a permanent role, offering a competitive package and huge amount of autonomy.
The successful candidate will manage the end to end manufacturing process from the acquisition of raw materials through to manufacturing, quality control, packaging and sterilization. You will oversee and manage a high-volume and rapidly expanding manufacturing site of approximately 200 employees. The candidate we are looking for will have exceptional leadership skills and extensive experience in both Production and Operations within a regulated environment.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and ensure Quality System and Regulatory compliance for all products manufactured on site
- Take responsibility for Environmental Health and Safety standards across the site
- Liaise closely with Project Engineers to develop the new product pipeline in a cost effective and timely manner
- Support the enhancement of technology across the site
- Assist with the creation of manufacturing capacity plans to support annual growth plans of 20%+
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the site’s Operational Excellence program with emphasis on cost reduction and minimisation of manufacturing lead times
- Be a driving force in the development of the manufacturing department, ensuring that adequate resources, equipment and infrastructures are in place to support the manufacturing plans and evolving needs of the business
- Conduct annual performance reviews of staff
- Work closely with internal departments (IT, HR, Finance, Quality, Legal & Regulatory Affairs) regarding budgets, cost control, recruitment, compliance, and any other issues that may arise
- Collaborate effectively with the recognised trade union representing some of the employees
- Degree in Engineering
- MBA desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 10 years experience in manufacturing and operations
- 5 years proven people management experience
- Previous experience working within the med device sector
- Strong expertise in developing and managing a variety of technology platforms within a high- volume manufacturing setting
- In-depth knowledge of the following:
- Lean production
- Continuous improvement
- Cost Reduction
- Exceptionally driven with unparalleled decision-making skills
- Target driven/ result orientated
- Outstanding technical knowledge
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
If you are interested in applying for this role, send your CV direct to email@example.com or alternatively, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 for a confidential discussion.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.