Experience, Skills and Education Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA qualified) with a minimum 5 years of relevant insurance experience
- Extensive experience within Insurance with a specific financial regulatory reporting focus
- Substantial experience in a regulatory reporting environment or similar relevant financial services experience with a focus on financial reporting and regulatory matters
- Relevant experience at an Audit Firm or Regulatory Body would be an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of the regulation of Insurance firms
- Advanced knowledge of Solvency II and its associated regulations and guidance notes and other new relevant regulatory initiatives
- Strong Product knowledge in relation to the Insurance business
- Project Management skills in terms of overseeing and implementing new IT infrastructure from a business perspective
- Excellent written and inter-personal communication skills - Ability to articulate risks, issues and solutions to line management and stakeholder teams
- Excellent analytical skills – Ability to correctly interpret underlying information and assess impact on regulatory returns
- Deliver quality results in a timely fashion and drive execution
- Be capable of developing and managing relationships across the company focused on a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork and knowledge
- Knowledge of the NAV Dynamics GL and Phoenix Insurance systems would be an advantage
- Ability to improve all processes to ensure the appropriate level of financial control, availability of adequate financial information and efficiency.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and manage numerous priorities.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.