Reporting to the EHS Manager the successful candidate will hold a senior role on the EHS team. This person will be responsible for supporting, developing and maintaining EHS programmes within the company that meet best practices within the industry and fulfil the requirements of local regulatory and corporate directives.
The position will particularly require the ability to undertake leadership of technical and high risk EHS programmes.
- Supporting the EHS function as deputy to the EHS Manager.
- The EHS Specialist will lead the site Process Safety/ATEX programme.
- Provide coaching, technical guidance and training on EHS programme requirements to other roles within the organisation
- Drive and deliver continuous improvement in EHS management programmes in line with ISO 14001 & 18001 Management systems.
- Manage Internal EHS Audits and Inspections programme focusing on specific management system as well as general EHS area inspections.
- Support the management of change programme to ensure EHS risks are identified and appropriate mitigation strategies identified for changes to existing and new processes Support business units to develop comprehensive EHS hazard identification and risk control programmes i.e. Risk Assessment & Permit to Work.
- The EHS Specialist will develop and manage the site environmental aspects register.
- Min Undergraduate qualification in EHS or Science/Engineering/Environmental Science
- Specialist qualification / experience in an EHS related subject in addition to their undergraduate degree.
- Hold or be in the process of obtaining professional membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Have demonstrated experience as programme owner in both Environmental and Safety initiatives.
- Capable or preparing short term and long term strategies and plans to improve EHS performance. Strong technical ability with a "hands on approach"
- Ability to work on and complete a challenging range of EHS projects that require a broad range of EHS technical and interpersonal skills
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.