Senior Project Ecologist / Ornithologist
Sigmar recruitment on behalf of our client are seeking a Senior Project Ecologist / Ornithologist to join a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy.
This consultancy is seeking an experienced Project Ecologist to join the growing Ecology Team within the Energy & Environment Division in their Dublin Office
- Will involve working with the Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure, renewable energy and private commercial projects.
- Will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, scoping studies, site selection, site surveys, Ecological impact Assessments, Appropriate Assessment Reports and overseeing the implementation of construction mitigation measures (Ecological Clerk of Works).
- Will require project management tasks including; financial management, producing fee proposals, and tendering for work.
- Can work in and lead teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Flora & Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting.
- Be required to demonstrate project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including habitat, bird and protected species surveys, analysis of data and completion of impact assessments.
- Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years environmental consultancy experience and a proven ecological track record.
- Proven ecological field skills.
- Full CIEEM membership.
- Experience of co-ordinating ecological impact assessments as well as project management and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
• GIS experience (preferably with MapInfo / ArcGIS / QGIS);
Please contact Graeme: Ph 01 9619706 / Email - firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for further information if you would be interested in joining a world leading consultancy and work on diverse projects.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.