Sigmar Recruitment have an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced Safety Engineer to work with our globally renowned client in Cork. This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary and benefits package along with an exceptional working environment.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of occupational health & safety is promoted and achieved for all employees, contractors and visitors to the Cork facility. You will take a lead role in monitoring and enforcing compliance of QSE and Health & Safety (H&S) policies and procedures.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, implement and audit compliance with H&S policies
- Identify and resolve gaps quickly and efficiently
- Ensure KPI’s and monthly reports are delivered on time
- Conduct risk assessments as required, maintaining the OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001 systems
- Take a lead role in Process Safety activities (Reviews/ HAZOPs/ incident reports and investigations, etc.)
- Evaluate new processes, equipment and projects from a H&S perspective
- Carry out regular site inspections
- Promote a culture of H&S awareness through best practice
- Review any non-conformances on a monthly basis
- Conduct full reviews/ reports on accidents, incidents and non-conformances
- Evaluate safety data sheets in relation to new hazardous substances prior to their arrival on site
- Liaise with internal departments, external stakeholders and regulatory bodies in relation to H&S, fire, COMAH and external emergency planning
- Update and maintain all H&S records, ensuring they are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that you are up to date on the latest H&S legislation on an ongoing basis
- Third level degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Diploma/ Certification in Occupational Health & Safety
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a consultancy or process industry
- Exceptional technical knowledge in the following areas:
- ATEX regulations
- Emergency response management
- Chemical safety
- Process safety
- Safety management systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Unparalleled analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent time management skills
- Membership of IOSH desired but not essential
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137, or email your CV direct to email@example.com, TODAY!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.