The Continuous Improvement Specialist will drive the implementation of the Lab Excellence Program. This requires the drive to champion change within the area through the application of lean laboratory tools to ensure successful continuous improvement within the QC laboratory.
- Support the implementation of Must Win Battles within the QC laboratory and support departments (when required) throughout.
- Ensure that the correct resources are utilised to support change initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the appropriate training and support is provided to personnel leading or supporting change initiatives.
- To support the establishment and monitoring of Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) for the QC laboratory.
- To interact with Lab Excellence Team members, reach out and facilitate best practise sharing between sites.
- Providing training in Lean Laboratory to employees as and when required.
- The application of tools from the Lean/6 Sigma toolbox as appropriate to encourage continuous improvement
- Using data when making decisions on priority of changes.
- Linking the data to cost savings when making decision on priority of changes.
- Working with the site’s Agile team to actively address problems and share knowledge as a team.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other staff, the ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment
To apply for this job you will need
- A Degree in Science with experience in continuous improvement initiatives within the QC laboratory environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong willingness to learn / apply new tools / techniques
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.