Sigmar Recruitment have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Shipping Specialist to work with our rapidly expanding client in Cork. This is a 23 month contract role with the potential for extension.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of incoming and outgoing commercial and clinical shipments (domestic and international) across a busy manufacturing site.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate shipments of commercial and clinical products across the globe
- Develop and implement shipping SOPs and processes, ensuring inspection readiness is maintained at all times
- Endeavour to increase the profile of the shipping function across the site with both internal and external stakeholders
- Log all shipping transactions on Oracle ERP to ensure full traceability
- Assist in the selection of transport carriers
- Support the management of onsite shipping readiness processes
- Resolve shipping deviations quickly and efficiently
- Manage all shipping documentation including customs paperwork and licensing
- Ensure all shipping operations are carried out in accordance with GDP/GMP standards
- Level 8 Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or relevant Business discipline
- Minimum of 3 years direct international logistics experience
- Strong commercial invoicing experience
- Solid experience working with freight forwarders, air/land carriers, warehouse personnel and internal stakeholders (QA, Supply Planning, Manufacturing/ Packaging) across the supply chain process
- Cold chain experience
- Pharmaceutical distribution experience including GDP/ GMP/ GCP regulations and Customs/FDA import experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle or other relevant ERP systems
- Project Management Certification desired but not essential
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, TODAY!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.