My client a global pharmaceutical company is looking to recruit for a Financial Accountant.
The Accountant is involved in local statutory and legal regulatory requirements including:
- Preparation of statutory Financial Statements in line with Local accounting principles
- Supporting the efficient and timely execution of audits
The Accountant is also involved in:
- Coordination of quarterly balance sheet reviews with key stakeholder
- Quarterly analytical review of US GAAP balance sheet variances
- Detailed analysis of differences between US GAAP and Local GAAP TBs
- Responsible for local statutory and legal regulatory requirements
- Ensure (working closely with key stakeholders) the timely and accurate production of the Statutory Financial Statements.
- Ensure adherence to Local accounting regulations / Local GAAP for the above.
- Engage with GFS colleagues involved in processes related to assigned markets.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in market finance and GFS.
- Ensure timely & satisfactory completion of audits under Local GAAP. Provide audit information on a timely basis.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial statements, systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
- Perform various analytics required in order to help ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Ensure adherence to Internal Controls.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovate solutions to operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in projects that require analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide input as required on ad hoc requests from key stakeholders.
Education, Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent (preferred)
- Knowledge and practical experience of Local and US GAAP (preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years of related accounting experience required
- Experience in a shared services environment preferred
- Experience in a multinational environment preferred
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking, and organisational skills a prerequisite
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficiency in PC skills (inc. Word and Excel)
IF you are intersted please contact Justyna Pinkowska on 01 474 4646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.